[UCARES] New Ham Night tonight

David Mair ad7gh at mair-family.org
Tue Jul 26 16:36:31 MDT 2011

You know, I just looked at the information on finding the North Annex on
the UCARES web-site and it's not that great.

For anyone who has tried to find it with the Google maps link on the web
site and only found a field opposite the SO, try this instead:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=40.150973,-111.659583&spn=0.000862,0.001283&t=h&z=20

The meeting room in the North Annex where UCARES meetings are often held
is in the building the link is centered on. Entrance is via either of
two doors on the West side (left in the picture) of the building. There
are more than two doors in the building but the most commonly open one
is at about the center of the building and doesn't look like a walk-up
office as most others do and the other meeting room entrance is the next
door to the South (down in the image).

For most such meetings, before they get going the organizers will
monitor the 147.34+/100.0 repeater for anyone having trouble finding the
location.

Zoom out and switch to map view as-needed to find references you are
familiar with and the Lat/Lon from the Google link (40.150973N
111.659583W) if entered into a GPS as a destination should take you
right to it. Street entrance is from the East, turn from 150W Spanish
Fork into 3200N.

Parking is often fully used at the building doors and the Parking to the
South of the entrances (down in the image) has to be used in that case.

--
David Mair, AD7GH